AIA San Diego is a professional membership association with more than 800 architects, designers and allied professionals in San Diego County. Members have access to a network of leaders and resources that help promote architecture and design. AIA membership involves a three-tiered system, with membership dues allocated and services provided at the local, state, and national levels. To view the dues structure of all AIA San Diego membership levels, click here.
The AIA designation confirms your membership in the nation’s premier design & architecture professional association, with more than 88,000 members, and affirms your commitment to the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and competence.
Looking for ways to market your product or company to architects and other design professionals? Corporate Allied membership is the way to do it! As a Corporate Allied member, you have many opportunities to promote your goods and services. From networking to participation at special events and programs to reduced pricing on all that AIA San Diego offers, Corporate Allied membership is a great means of reaching your target market.
The AIA San Diego Chapter presents to its members programs and services that help individuals and their firms be more successful while supporting the profession as a whole.
In addition to introducing yourself as “A proud member of AIA San Diego”, some of our membership benefits include:
- Networking Opportunities
- Free listing on our website and in our Membership Directory and Resource Guide
- Access to member rates for AIA San Diego events and programs
- Continuing Education seminars
- 30% off AIA Contract Documents
- ARE Team-in-Training
- Free job and resume postings
- Advertising Opportunities
- Weekly e-newsletter and other communications
- Participation on numerous committees
Free Convention Registration
New AIA members receive complimentary registration for the AIA National Convention.
Free Membership for Up to 18 Months
New Graduates of accredited schools of architecture receive complimentary membership with the AIA at the Associate level for up to 18 months after graduation. Non-NAAB Degree Holders or Individuals Enrolled in an IDP Program Working under an Architect’s Supervision may also be eligible for Up to 18 months complimentary membership. Learn More.
Dues Installment Program
Pay your dues in up to six installments with our Dues Installment Program. All newly joining members are eligible to participate in the 2017 Dues Installment Program. Enrollment begins October 1, 2016 and ends April 30, 2017. 2017 membership dues enrolled in the dues installment plan must be paid in full by June 30, 2017. Learn more.
Refer a new member and you could win
Do you have a colleague who would benefit from membership in the AIA? Refer them and you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Visa gift card. Just complete this form and we’ll do the rest!
- Individual with an architectural license from a U.S. licensing authority
New Graduate Associate (NAAB Degree Holder)
- Recently graduated with a NAAB-accredited Bachelor’s professional degree in architecture within approximately the past 1-18 months
New Graduate Associate (Non-NAAB Degree Holder)
- Recently graduated from a non-NAAB accredited Bachelor’s program within approximately the past 1-18 months, and
- Currently work under the supervision of an architect in a professional or technical capacity directly related to the practice of architecture
- Must meet one of the following:
- Professional Degree in architecture
- IDP Candidate
- ARE Candidate
- Work under the supervision of an architect in a professinal or technical capacity, or
- Work as a faculty member in a university program in architecture
New International Associate
- Individual with an architectural license from a non-U.S. licensing authority
- Architect or Associate members who are members in good standing of another AIA chapter component
- Current student undergraduate or post-graduate of an architectural school or secondary school
- Open to engineers, planners, landscape architects, artist, those in government, education, journalism, manufacturing industries, and other fields related to architecture
- Cannot be eligible for Architect, Associate or International Associate membership
Former member? Reinstate your membership today!
To determine your dues amount, please contact Lily Roman, Membership and Administrative Cordinator at (619)232-0109.