This year, the AIA SD Design Awards program continues to promote design excellence, sustainability and social responsibility by recognizing projects that strengthen the overall power and scope of architecture, shape the built environment and enrich the human spirit.
Submissions shall demonstrate exemplary skill and creativity in the resolution and integration of formal, functional and technical requirements, including ecological stewardship and social responsibility that acknowledges and advances social agendas.
Projects should reflect a strong sense of place, of ecology and environmental sustainability, of history, and of purpose as an integral part of the demonstrated design excellence.
Register for the competition below
- AIA architects residing in San Diego County, may enter built projects regardless of location performed by the local firm.
- AIA architects from outside San Diego County are eligible to submit, provided the submitted project(s) have been built within San Diego County. (Metro Tijuana Architecture is exempt from this requirement.)
- Only architects, associates or student members in good standing of any chapter of the American Institute of Architects may submit entries. (See exceptions for the Student Design Award.)
- Projects previously awarded in categories of “Architecture” or “Interior Architecture” of the AIA San Diego Design awards are not eligible for re-entry.
All projects shall be submitted electronically in the PowerPoint template.
Each submission shall include:
- Completed Design Awards Project Credit Form and Project Information Sheet. The forms and supplementary instructions will be available via email from AIASD Marketing & Programs Manager Buu Huynh (email@example.com)
- A 16”x24” presentation board is required.
- 2-5 high resolution images
- Registration opens June 19, 2017
- Early Bird Registration ends July 31, 2017
- Registration deadline: 5:00pm August 23, 2017
- 16×24 Boards due at the AIASD office by 5:00 pm September 11, 2017
- Design Awards Celebration: November 2, 2017
Buy ceremony & reception tickets here
(early bird pricing good until October 13th!)