AIA San Diego offers a 16-month training program to complete the ARE.
Modeled after marathon-training regimens, the AIA has developed a long-term schedule to help you stay on-track. Our group of emerging professionals meet Wednesdays from 6:00 – 8:00pm to tackle each of the seven ARE exams in eight-week increments. The group sets their own study agenda and they take the test together in Week 8.
All 7 exams will be covered. Order of topics will vary upon syllabus given on first day.
- Programming, Planning and Practice
- Building Systems
- Construction Documents and Services
- Site Planning & Design
- Schematic Design
- Building, Design, andConstruction Systems
Groups gain access to the AIA’s library of Kaplan study guides, and Brightwood materials. ARE Resource Library
New group members start at the beginning of each session (approx. every 2 months)
If you would like more information about the program, or to put your name on the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2017 Team Training.
AIASD Members: $250
What you get:
- AIASD group connection with other peers
- Access to Kaplan 4.0 or Brightwood Architecture Education study materials
- Regular study location at the AIASD office
- Two months devoted to each of the seven ARE exams (exception: three months for Structures)
- Rebate program for completing exams
The California Supplemental Exam (CSE) Group Study Program
AIA San Diego Chapter is proud to announce, that in addition to our ARE study groups, we will be hosting CSE study groups! If you have passed all ARE exams, and completed your IDP (or are exempt from IDP), contact email@example.com to be put on a waitlist. Let us help you cross that finish line! Groups start on a non-scheduled basis based on interest in the program.
AIASD Members: $50
For more information, the CA Architects Board recommends reviewing:
Archibald Study Guides for purchase: http://www.wooarchitecture.com/study.html